Southside Antiques Centre
TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS
Our Christmas Trading Hours will be 7 days a week till Christmas Eve
10.00am – 4.00pm
Please browse our online gallery WE ARE NOW AIR CONDITIONED FOR YOUR COMFORT
The Southside Antiques Centre Annerley, BRISBANE
was established in 1983 and has been under the existing ownership of the McGuigan family since 1986.
The Southside Antiques Centre site at 484 Ipswich Road Annerley Junction BRISBANE was originally Lunn’s Cake Shop, a popular local Annerley business run by Olive and Fred Lunn. Hugh Lunn a son of Olive and Fred is a well known Brisbane writer and he has written many books including
“Over the Top with Jim”a story of life in the Annerley area in the 1940’s and 50’s.
Lunn’s Cake Shop was bought by Woolworths in the 1950’s and a variety store was built on the site. The existing building housing the centre is the original Woolworths variety store. The McGuigan family purchased the antiques centre in 1986.
The Southside Antiques Centre has a number of long established and highly experienced dealers who have been operating as antique dealers and collectors for over 20 years. The centre has grown to be one of the largest antiques shops in Australia and is renowned for the variety, quality and quantity of items for all collectors.